– Personal commentaries, essays and articles
– Photojournalism, art and creative expression
– Protest, campaigning and activismTO SUBMIT EMAIL: THEGEOGRAPHERJOURNALIST@GMAIL.COM
The Latest from The Blog
- The Equal Rights Amendment: A Brief HistoryA succinct history of the Equal Rights Amendment or ERA in America.
- Inside Turkmenistan: No Covid 19? All Is Not What It Seems…This article explores the situation in the reclusive state of Turkmenistan during the Coronavirus pandemic and the attempts the authoritarian government has been going to in order to supress both the outbreak and the very existence of the virus in the country.
- Live Aid or Dead Aid?13th July 2020 On the surface Live Aid may seem to be a success story, one which the West can be proud of. As we delve deeper however, we see that there is much that is problematic about Live Aid and what it represents… Today marks 35 years since the legendary Live Aid concert on 13th July 1985. This global fundraising campaign, organised by BobContinue reading “Live Aid or Dead Aid?”
- From A Teacher to The World: BLACK. LIVES. MATTER.Ms Linsz is an Elementary School teacher in Charlotte, North Carolina. She continues to protest with her family. This is her message to you.
- 50+ Books By Black Authors You Should Read
- A Swiss Glimpse of the ‘New Normal’In this article, Emily Beringer discusses her experience of the pandemic from her home in Switzerland.